A quaich is a beautiful symbol of friendship and has a long history of being used in Scotland to celebrate special occasions. You can read about its origins and history on another page. Briefly, the two handles are a symbol of friendship as two hands coming together form a bond.
This makes it particularly suitable as a wedding or wedding anniversary gift. You can have names, dates, or a message engraved on the quaich. The names and dates can be engraved around the outside of the bowl, and a message can be engraved on the inside bottom of the bowl. The engraving will be ‘very well done’ according to one happy customer and ‘looks great’ according to another.
A quaich is also a popular gift for christenings, birthdays or any occasion you want to commemorate. If you have clan connections, you can have your clan crest engraved. This would go inside the bowl and one customer said her crest ‘looked fantastic’. Our list of clan crests is a long one, from Anderson to Young, so you are likely to find your name there.
This is a popular size at a great price, but the same design is available in 10 sizes altogether, from 2.5” to 8.5”. If you’re happier with metric measurements, this is approximately 6 cm – 21 cm. These sizes refer to the maximum diameter of the inside of the bowl.
What is a Quaich?
Not sure what a quaich is? Find out by clicking here: What Is A Quaich?
Also available in 9 other sizes from 2.5" up to 8.5"
Finely made from lead-free pewter
Comes in presentation box
Engraved with our computer controlled diamond tipped engraving machine
Good choice of fonts for text engraving, or supply your own in .ttf format
Personal logos can be engraved if you send us suitably clear graphics
Read full details on our Engraving Information
|Dimensions (Approx)||Contact us for dimensions|
awesome highly recommended Review by keith Henderson
ordered for my wedding
fast delivery awesome quality would recommend to every one
thank you (Posted on 23/01/2017)
Great work Review by Justyna
- Absolutely beautiful, fantastic wedding gift. Engraving looks really good, I was very impressed with the outcome. Highly recommended and I'll definitely use your service again. (Posted on 05/10/2016)
Christening Review by Bewley
- I have bought two of these Quaich for both my grandsons christenins. They are excellent quality and unusual in England. Thank you for an excellent service and delivery. If there are any more grandchildren in the future I would definitely purchase from you again. (Posted on 04/10/2016)
As described - lovely! Review by Andrea
- Arrived on time and exactly as we'd hoped. Love the detail on the handles. Very happy. (Posted on 18/07/2016)
Fantastic quality Review by Adrian
- Excellent quality product! The engraving is fantastic. I will be coming back here for all my Quaich needs! (Posted on 11/07/2016)
excellent service Review by jan fuller
- Bought for a friends wedding at short notice. Recieved email from engraver giving me an alternative proof which was much better than the instructions I, d given! Did not expect it to arrive for wedding but it did. Am really impressed with this first class service. (Posted on 02/07/2016)
Friendly quick service and beautiful product Review by Charlotte
- I bought this to give my partner for our babys first xmas. I was very late ordering and called to check it could still be delivered in time. The person I spoke to was friendly helpful and reassuring that I was still in time. I ordered later that day and the quaich arrived in 2 days. It was exactly as described, beautifully engraved and in a nice box. My partner was really chuffed. I would definitely recommend this product and website to others. (Posted on 27/12/2015)
Beautiful Quaich Review by Rebecca
- I have bought this to give to Spanish friends as a Christmas gift. It was beautifully engraved and I am delighted with it. (Posted on 22/12/2015)
Just perfect Review by Eve
- This was a 50th birthday gift. The recipient was delighted with the quaich and the accompanying whiskey. Super efficient service would highly recommend your website. Thank you. (Posted on 14/08/2015)
Really Lovely! Review by Haley
- Very satisfied with the quality. The engraving is lovely and the price was reasonable. (Posted on 10/08/2015)
Excellent product, very fast trans-Atlantic shipping! Review by Carl Guilford
- I received the quaich in California less than a week after ordering it by telephone. The engraving, including a crest-in-buckler and a memorial message, was exactly as ordered and handsomely done. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend. (Posted on 07/07/2015)
Outstanding product, superior service Review by Mike Wilson
- Found just what I was looking for, and it shipped to me extremely fast. Would recommend to a friend. Extremely happy. (Posted on 11/06/2015)
Lovely Christening gift, beautifully engraved. Great service! Review by Allison Brownlie
- I bought this Quaich as a christening present for a 'great nephew'. It is lovely. The engraving is perfect, and it came on time. When I ordered, there were none in stock so I used the Chat option to check delivery timescales. The lady I was online to was very helpful. She told me that there were some coming in a few days and I could meet my deadline. So, thank you very much! (Posted on 25/05/2015)
Great Product and Service Review by Angel
I bought this as a leaving gift for a friend at work. I received the product 2 days after I ordered it and I am very pleased with it. The Quaich itself is lovely and the engraving looks great!
Great value for money and I would definitely recommend this site to others. (Posted on 24/03/2015)
A lovely 50th birthday present. Review by Clare Milnw
- The recipient was very pleased with it. Thank you. (Posted on 19/01/2015)
Excellent gift and good service Review by Angela in Greece
- Thank you for this lovely item which will be a treasured gift for my parents special anniversary. Engraving is excellent, arrived promptly and faultless online ordering from overseas. (Posted on 07/08/2014)
The engraved Quaich met all our expectations for quality and appearance Review by Dave Davey
Our daughter and her partner were married on 2 May 2014 at a Humanist ceremony at Dunscaith Castle on The Isle of Skye. The weather was perfect(much to our relief because there is not much castle !), the service was lovely and a Quaich was used as part of the ritual. So, as a surprise momento of the occasion, my wife and I decided we would get the newly weds a copy of the 'Loving Cup' - hence our purchase of the Quaich. We are sure they will be delighted.
PS: Is Quaich pronounced 'Kwerk' ?
(Posted on 21/05/2014)
Excellent quality and service. Review by carolyn
- I have ordered the quaich for my grandson's christening. The quality is excellent and the engraving of his name perfect. The ordering was very easy and the delivery really rapid. I will be happy to use this site again. (Posted on 13/03/2014)
First Class Product Review by Terry Morton
- I ordered this Quaich as a christening present for my grandson. Excellent quality, very good value for money and the engraving looks lovely. It arrived 3 days after ordering. Altogether perfect product and service. Thank you. (Posted on 08/03/2014)
Very Impressed Review by Michelle S
- I ordered this quaich for our wedding ceremony and had it personalised for the occasion. The product is excellent, the engraving is of top quality. The product arrived in perfect condition only 4 days after I ordered, fantstic service, will definitely use this site again. (Posted on 06/02/2014)
Perfect Review by Trish
- Bought as a Silver Wedding Anniversary gift for friends. The engraving is very well done, inside the base of the cup. Altogether delighted with this Quaich. (Posted on 02/10/2013)
Great Review by Susann
- I really really liked what you have done. The Engraving looks great!! I am so happy that I bought it from you. If I need something else or another Quaich- I know where to go! Thank you again! (Posted on 17/05/2013)
Excellent Product Review by Jenny
- I ordered this Quaich for my brothers 30th Birthday. I had our family crest engraved on it aswell, this looked fantastic and was put on the inside base. Very Happy with the product and price. (Posted on 20/01/2013)